Originating in India thousands of years ago, Yoga has become an increasingly popular form of exercise and stress reduction. The word yoga means to yoke or unite, which refers to the practice of using the mind and body together to achieve balance, flexibility and strength. There are different types of yoga to suit every need, from vigorous to relaxing and everything in between. Here are just a few reasons to give Yoga a try;
- Increase flexibility and reduce risk of injury
- Focus breathing and concentration
- Connect your mind and body
- Increase stamina and strength
- Reduce muscle imbalances
- Improve balance and stability
- Improve posture
- Increase body awareness
- Reduce stress
- Cross training - a perfect addition to any fitness program and any type of participant
All UNH instructors hold Yoga certifications. Types of yoga will be based on each instructor's specific training and will be labeled in the schedule.
Class sizes are limited and fill up on a first come, first served basis.
Basic exercise mats are available, while specific yoga mats may be purchased at our front desk ($10). You are encouraged to bring your own mats and towels.
Room temperatures vary but are generally cool. Bikram yoga is NOT offered at our facility at this time.
- FREE - Complete the group fitness waiver online, then pick up your sticker at the Recreation Center front desk. Classes open to students and Rec Center pass holders with the current group fitness sticker and facility guests, unless otherwise noted.