Pre-Orientation Adventures for Wildcats. PAWs is a collaboration between the Department of Campus Recreation and the Memorial Union Building. Campus Rec and the MUB are two of the most active and engaging places on campus. We believe that PAWs is the perfect synergy of these two campus resources and that this program provides an excellent opportunity to jump-start your UNH experience.
- PAWs is a 5-day, 4-night outdoor program for incoming UNH students.
- Students can choose basecamping, backpacking or adventure trips
- Approximately 80 incoming students arrive on campus early to participate in PAWs.
- Students spend their time in a group of 8-10 students along with 2 (or 3 depending on the group) highly trained student leaders.
- The registration fee includes all food, lodging, group equipment, transportation, instruction, etc. And you get a free t-shirt!
To provide a challenging yet safe environment where incoming UNH students can experience a positive transition into college while learning about UNH and developing connections with other incoming students as well as upper class student leaders.
- Facilitate the transition from high school to UNH
- Develop a sense of community, involvement, and tradition at UNH
- Foster a positive learning environment and a climate of mutual respect
- Create friendships and develop a support network
- Learn about UNH
- Be safe, yet challenged
- Have fun
During the program each group is comprised of 8-10 incoming students and 2-3 trained student leaders. PAWs leaders complete over 100 hours of training and are required to be certified in CPR and Wilderness First Aid.