Pre-Orientation Adventures for Wildcats. We believe that PAWs is an excellent opportunity to jump-start your UNH experience.
- PAWs is a 6-day, 5-night outdoor program for incoming UNH students.
- Students can choose Basecamp White Mountains or Backpack White Mountains.
- Approximately 80 incoming students arrive on campus early to participate in PAWs.
- Students spend their time in a group of 8-10 students along with 2 (or 3 depending on the group) highly trained student leaders.
- The registration fee includes all food, lodging, group equipment, transportation, instruction, etc. And you get a free t-shirt!
To provide a challenging yet safe environment where incoming UNH students can experience a positive transition into college while learning about UNH and developing connections with other incoming students as well as upper class student leaders.
- Facilitate the transition from high school to UNH
- Develop a sense of community, involvement, and tradition at UNH
- Foster a positive learning environment and a climate of mutual respect
- Create friendships and develop a support network
- Learn about UNH
- Be safe, yet challenged
- Have fun
During the program each group is comprised of 8-10 incoming students and 2-3 trained student leaders. PAWs leaders complete over a week of training and are required to be certified in CPR and Wilderness First Aid.