HRC Expansion/Renovation History
For years, students, faculty, staff and the community have expressed the need for more space in the recreation center. To inform the development of the scope of this project, feedback was gathered from surveys, focus groups, open forums, Residence Hall Association, Student Senate and Graduate Student Senate. Additional data from peer institutions and national standards were incorporated as well.
- Increased Fitness Space
- Large Multi-Activity Court
- Additional Social & Gathering Space
- 1/10 mile Suspended Track
- Wellness Space & Instructional Kitchen
- Interior/Exterior Renovations To Exisiting Facility
Read the Guest Column feature by Wayne Hughes in Recreation Management Magazine - Out of the Stone Age: Flexible Design Crucial to Recreation Facilities (click on the image below)
Budget: Total Budget: $35.5 million.
Expansion: $30 million.
Deferred Maintenance: $5.5 million.