AMERICAN RED CROSS LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION - SPRING 2017
The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training course is to teach participants the knowledge and skills needed to prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. The course content and activities prepare participants to recognize and respond quickly and effectively to emergencies and prevent downing and injuries.
This course includes First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer-Lifeguard, and AED.
Cost for the certification course is $225 UNH Students/Facility/Staff and $300 community members. NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED!
- Be at least 15 years of age on or before the final scheduled session of this course
- Swim 300 yards continuously, using these strokes in the following order:
100 yards of front crawl using rhythmic breathing and a stabilizing, propellant kick
100 yards of breaststroke using a pull, breathe, kick and glide sequence
100 yards of either front crawl or breaststroke
- 2 minute timed tread with no hands
- Swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 13 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
* A $50 FEE WILL BE RETAINED FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO DO NOT MEET THE CRITERIA ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS. THE REMAINING CLASS FEE WILL BE RETURNED TO THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE NOT PHYSICALLY ABLE TO QUALIFY FOR ENTRANCE INTO THE CLASS.
ATTENDANCE AT ALL CLASSES IN A SESSION IS MANDATORY FOR CERTIFICATION.
SPRING SESSION #1: Meets every Tuesday and Thursdays 6-9pm starting March 28th-April 27th
- March 28 6-9pm
- March 30 6-9pm
- April 4 6-9pm
- April 6 6-9pm
- April 11 6-9pm
- April 13 6-9pm
- April 18 6-9pm
- April 20 6-9pm
- April 25 6-9pm
- April 27 6-9pm
SPRING SESSSION #2: Thursday, April 27th-April 30th
- April 27 8 am - 6 pm
- April 28 12pm - 7 pm
- April 29 9 am - 5 pm
- April 30 9am - 5 pm