Introduction to Fitness
Are you brand new to exercise, don't quite know where to start, or just need more structure to your fitness routine? These programs can help you out.
Everyday, a new workout is posted by UNH's Personal Trainers in the HRC to help mix up workouts and introduce new equipment and exercises. Workouts can be found in the Functional Fitness Area on the 2nd Floor of the HRC. Questions or requests? Ask a staff member or contact email@example.com.
Want to learn more about a specific piece of equipment or exercise? Exercise clinics will be offered to explore how to use equipment like the power rack or functional fitness jungle gym and exercises like the deadlift or sprint intervals.
Exercise Clinic 3 - H.I.I.T. - High Intensity Interval Training Saturday, March 24 from 1-2:30pm in Studio 3
HIIT stands for High-Intensity Interval Training. It is a whole-body workout that leaves you burning calories long after your workout.
- Enjoyment of Exercise! It’s fun, efficient, and effective. HIIT gives you a sense of accomplishment after each work interval! You also have a period of recovery to look forward to before the next work interval. It makes you work hard but have fun at the same time!
- Increased glucose uptake, which supports the muscles use of carbohydrate for fuel more readily.
- Use of the anaerobic system, which produces maximum power.
- Fat oxidation, which means increased FAT LOSS!
- VO2 max, which is the most oxygen you can consume during exercise, causing an increase in your ENDURANCE and HEART RATE!
HIIT helps to develop multiple physiological positive adaptions that will make you STRONGER and LEANER and TONED!
The Clinic is FREE - come join Val
Campus Recreation and Health & Wellness team up to give you information and answer questions on exercise, nutrition, stress management, and more. Come learn how Wellness Coaching, Nutritional Education and Counseling, and Campus Recreation work together to achieve your goals.