Swasey Indoor Pool FAQs
1) What are the differences between Lap & Family Swim?
LAP SWIM - the pool is designated for fitness purposes (e.g. swimming laps, aqua jogging, etc.). It may also be used for private instruction with a Campus Recreation aquatics instructor. Participants must be 18+ years old or current UNH students.
LAP/FAMILY SWIM - the time is designated for mixed usage (fitness and recreational usage) and is available to participants of any age with the payment of the daily fee or season pass purchase.
2) What is the minimum age for the pool?
LAP SWIM - ages 18+ or current UNH Student
FAMILY SWIM - all ages - participants 10 & under must be accompanied by an adult in the water with the child. Both participants must have purchased a season pass or pay the daily fee.
3) What is the length of the pool?
The pool is 25 yards in length. 1650 yards is a mile and would be equal to 66 lengths of the pool.
4) What is the temperature of the pool?
The pool is typically 81-82 degrees.
5) What is the difference between diving well/lap pool and the entire pool?
The pool is 8 lanes wide. The diving boards are in lanes 7 & 8. It is possible to have multiple uses of the pool simultaneously.
DIVING WELL - lanes 7 & 8 with the diving boards
LAP POOL - lanes 1 through 6. These lanes can be reserved independently or all together.
ENTIRE POOL - all 8 lanes of pool are in use for a single purpose (lap swim, team rental, etc).
A partial reservation of the pool (multiple usage times) are designated on the schedule with gray astericks on the pool schedule .
6) What are the costs to use the pool?
Click here for membership info costs.
7) Do I need to bring my own towel the pool?
Yes. Towel service is not available to the Swasey Indoor Pool.
8) If I am a UNH Student or Faculty/Staff, is there any paperwork that I need to fill out prior to going to the pool?
Yes. You must fill out a waiver and get a sticker for you ID by coming to the Hamel Rec Center.