Welcome to the UNH Outdoor Pool, offering zero-depth entry, swim lanes, a concession stand and plenty of space for free swimming. Social space around the pool is a great place to relax when not enjoying the water. The restrooms and bathhouse incorporate a display celebrating the history of the pool, which has long served the community.
We look forward to welcoming you to the UNH outdoor pool this summer.
Closed for the season
Memberships valid through the 2022 Outdoor Pool Season
|Multi Visit Pass - 10||$85 ($8.50/visit)|
|Multi Visit Pass - 25||$190 ($7.60/visit)|
|Multi Visit Pass - 50||$330 ($6.60/visit)|
|Multi Visit Pass - 75||$410 ($5.46/visit)|
|UNH Students||Click here for info|
|Child (under 3 yrs)||Free|
- Visit the UNH Campus Recreation Member Portal
- If you are a UNH Faculty/Staff/Students or have previously created an account, click the ‘Log In’ button in the top right corner.
- If you are not affiliated with the university, and do not have an account, click the Sign-Up button in the top right corner. Follow the on-screen prompts to fill in the necessary information. Make sure to check your email to activate your account. Log in following steps 1 and 2.
- UNH Faculty/Staff/Students click the orange UNH log in button.
- Community Members sign in using your local account.
- Select the image Outdoor Pool Multi-Visit Passes. Scroll down to view all the options.
- Select the pool pass option you would like to purchase.
- If prompted, select the summer session button.
- Read, sign and accept the digital waiver.
- Click yes to accept the policy questions when prompted.
- Add to cart and proceed to check out.
Seasonal Memberships – No refunds. All sales final.
MVP or Multi-Visit Passes - No refunds. All sales final. Swipes are non-transferable between years.
Who is eligible to access the outdoor pool?
- Students, faculty, staff and community members
What is the minimum age to enter the pool?
All ages can use the pool. Guests ages 14 and under must be accompanied by a supervising adult and have a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian. Ages 14 and under need to complete a "safety swim", a twenty-five yard swim and twenty second treading of water, every year.
Are masks required?
Masks are not required.
How long are the Outdoor Pool lanes?
There are eight twenty-five yard lap lanes.
Is there a place to change my clothes?
There is a bathhouse with toilets, showers and water fountains.
Is there a concession stand?
The concession stand is closed until further notice. You are welcome to bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks. Please leave glass containers at home.
Can I bring my pet?
Please leave animals at home. Only service dogs are permitted around the pool area — not in the water.
How large is the pool?
The UNH Outdoor Pool is the third largest pool in the state with a surface area of 14,355 square feet. It holds 484,191 gallons of water.
What is the capacity?
The pool can accommodate over five hundred people.
How long is the season?
Late June through early September (weather permitting).
What are the accessibility features?
- Zero depth entry
- Easy access ramp with rails into pool
- Locking gender inclusive, family, and ADA accessible restrooms
Hours vary, please check Outdoor Pool Schedule for up-to-date schedule.
Please complete the Group Reservation form to request use of UNH Outdoor Pool.
Additional questions can be sent to Facility Scheduling Coordinator Scott McDermott (Scott.McDermott@unh.edu)
Any changes to the duration and scope of your rental should be submitted via UNH Aquatics facility Rental Cancellation & Change Form no less than 14 days before your rental. Renters will be responsible for the full duration of their rental if no changes are submitted.
The best parking option on weekdays until students return to campus.
- Woodside Summer Parking Pass: $50 (purchase at the Parking Office)
- Durham Residents: Free Woodside Summer Parking Pass. Bring your Outdoor Pool membership card and proof of residence to the Parking Office.
- Pay & Display: Lot is monitored daily from 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Pay & Display spaces are marked by signage. All other spaces are reserved for people with a Woodside parking permit.
Alumni (D) Lot
- Weekdays 7 a.m.-6 p.m. are reserved for faculty and staff parking.
- Free on weekends and after 6 p.m. on weekdays until students return to campus.
- Lot hours change to Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.- 6 p.m., when the students return to campus.
Edgewood Visitors Lot
- Pay & Display seven days per week, 7 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Faculty and staff parking only weekdays 7 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Free on weekends and after 6 p.m. weekdays.
- If you have a valid ADA permit you may park in the Pay & Display lot or spaces, and any ADA space on campus.
Additional information available at UNH Parking Transportation site.