Welcome to the UNH Outdoor Pool, offering zero-depth entry, swim lanes, a concession stand and plenty of space for free swimming. Social space around the pool is a great place to relax when not enjoying the water. The restrooms and bathhouse incorporate a display celebrating the history of the pool, which has long served the community.
Due to COVID-19, the outdoor pool is closed for the 2020 season.
What is the minimum age to enter the pool?
All ages can use the pool. Guests under fourteen years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Ages thirteen and under need to complete a "safety swim", a twenty-five yard swim and ten seconds treading of water, every year.
How long are the Outdoor Pool lanes?
There are eight twenty-five yard lap lanes.
Is there a place to change my clothes?
There is a bathhouse with toilets, showers and water fountains.
Is there a concession stand?
Drinks, ice cream and light snacks are available for purchase at family friendly prices. You are welcome to bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks. Please leave glass containers at home.
Can I bring my pet?
Please leave animals at home. Only service dogs are permitted around the pool area — not in the water.
How large is the pool?
The UNH Outdoor Pool is the third largest pool in the state with a surface area of 14,355 square feet. It holds 484,191 gallons of water.
What is the capacity?
The pool can accommodate over five hundred people.
How long is the season?
Early June through early September (weather permitting).
Reserve the Outdoor Pool for group outings, birthday parties and private parties
|Weekend Open Hours||2 hours||Starting at $180|
Private pool party (Monday, Tuesday or Thursday)
|7-9 p.m.||Starting at $230|
|After-hours rentals||Starting at $300|
If you would like more information or to make reservation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (603) 862-1829.
Memberships valid through the 2020 Outdoor Pool Season
Durham Resident pricing with subsidy TBD
|UNH Students||Click here for info|
|10 Visits||$80 ($8 per visit)|
|25 Visits||$185 ($7.40 per visit)|
|50 Visits||$320 ($6.40 per visit)|
|75 Visits||$399 ($5.32 per visit)|
|Child (under 2 yrs)||Free|
|Season - Youth (ages 3-17)||$150|
|Season - Adult (ages 18 & older)||$175|
|Season - Family * (up to 4 people)
* Family Membership must be purchased in person at the Hamel Recreation Center (HRC) or Outdoor Pool.
Durham Residents: The above rates for Durham Residents reflect a 15% subsidy from the Town of Durham valid towards both season memberships and Multi-Visit Passes. Proof of residency must be provided to receive this subsidized price. Passes need to purchased in person at Outdoor Pool or HRC.
- Visit the UNH Campus Recreation Member Portal
- If you are a UNH Faculty/Staff/Students or have previously created an account, click the ‘Log In’ button in the top right corner.
- If you are not affiliated with the university, and do not have an account, click the Sign-Up button in the top right corner. Follow the on-screen prompts to fill in the necessary information. Make sure to check your email to activate your account. Log in following steps 1 and 2.
- UNH Faculty/Staff/Students click the orange UNH log in button.
- Community Members sign in using your local account.
- Select the image Outdoor Pool Memberships or Outdoor Pool Multi-Visit Passes. Scroll down to view all the options.
- Select the pool membership or MVP you would like to purchase.
- If prompted, select the summer session button.
- Read, sign and accept the digital waiver if purchasing a membership.
- Click yes to accept the policy questions when prompted.
- Add to cart and proceed to check out.
The best parking option on weekdays until Aug. 22, when students return to campus.
- Woodside Summer Parking Pass: $50 (purchase at the Parking Office)
- Durham Residents: Free Woodside Summer Parking Pass. Bring your Outdoor Pool membership card and proof of residence to the Parking Office.
- Pay & Display: Lot is monitored daily from 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Pay & Display spaces are marked by signage. All other spaces are reserved for people with a Woodside parking permit.
Alumni (D) Lot
- Weekdays 7 a.m.-5 p.m. are reserved for faculty and staff parking.
- Free on weekends and after 5 p.m. on weekdays until Aug. 22.
- Lot hours change to Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.- 6 p.m., beginning Aug. 22, when the students return to campus.
Edgewood Visitors Lot
- Pay & Display seven days per week, 7 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Faculty and staff parking only weekdays 7 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Free on weekends and after 6 p.m. weekdays.
- If you have a valid ADA permit you may park in the Pay & Display lot or spaces, and any ADA space on campus.
Additional information available at UNH Parking Transportation site.