Welcome to the UNH Outdoor Pool, offering zero-depth entry, swim lanes, a concession stand and plenty of space for free swimming. Social space around the pool is a great place to relax when not enjoying the water. The restrooms and bathhouse incorporate a display celebrating the history of the pool, which has long served the community.
We are excited to announce that the UNH outdoor pool will open to the public Wednesday, June 30. To ensure the safety of visitors to the pool and following CDC guidance, the following guidelines will be in place:
- UNH students, faculty and staff will need to show their active Wildcat Pass
- Visitors who are fully vaccinated or have a negative PCR test within seven days are welcome and eligible to use the Outdoor Pool
- Children under the age of 15 will not have to show any documentation
- Visitors to the pool are asked to stay with the household/group they arrived with and stay physically distanced from others
- Masks are not required
- Concessions, swim lessons and summer camp use of the pool will not take place this summer
- Multi-visit passes will go on sale both online and at the welcome center of the Hamel Rec Center Tuesday, June 22.
We look forward to welcoming you to the UNH outdoor pool this summer.
Closed for the Season
- Zero depth entry
- Easy access ramp with rails into pool
- Locking gender inclusive, family, and ADA accessible restrooms
Who is eligible to access the outdoor pool?
- Students, faculty, staff and others with a valid Wildcat Pass -or-
- Anyone with proof of a vaccination AND photo ID -or-
- Anyone with a COVID PCR test within 7 days of visit AND photo ID
*No COVID entry requirements for ages 15 and under
Can I bring a copy or picture of my vaccination card?
Are minors required to be tested if they are not fully vaccinated?
There are no COVID entry requirements for ages 15 and under.
What is the minimum age to enter the pool?
All ages can use the pool. Guests ages 13 and under must be accompanied by a supervising adult and have a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian. Ages 13 and under need to complete a "safety swim", a twenty-five yard swim and twenty second treading of water, every year.
How can I obtain a negative COVID PCR test if I am not fully vaccinated?
Please consult your primary care physician.
Are masks required?
Masks are not required. Please maintain physical distance between other households/groups.
How long are the Outdoor Pool lanes?
There are eight twenty-five yard lap lanes.
Is there a place to change my clothes?
There is a bathhouse with toilets, showers and water fountains.
Is there a concession stand?
The concession stand is closed until further notice. You are welcome to bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks. Please leave glass containers at home.
Can I bring my pet?
Please leave animals at home. Only service dogs are permitted around the pool area — not in the water.
How large is the pool?
The UNH Outdoor Pool is the third largest pool in the state with a surface area of 14,355 square feet. It holds 484,191 gallons of water.
What is the capacity?
The pool can accommodate over five hundred people.
How long is the season?
Late June through early September (weather permitting).
Memberships valid through the 2021 Outdoor Pool Season
|UNH Students||Click here for info|
|UNH Summer Student||$99|
|Child (under 3 yrs)||Free|
- Visit the UNH Campus Recreation Member Portal
- If you are a UNH Faculty/Staff/Students or have previously created an account, click the ‘Log In’ button in the top right corner.
- If you are not affiliated with the university, and do not have an account, click the Sign-Up button in the top right corner. Follow the on-screen prompts to fill in the necessary information. Make sure to check your email to activate your account. Log in following steps 1 and 2.
- UNH Faculty/Staff/Students click the orange UNH log in button.
- Community Members sign in using your local account.
- Select the image Outdoor Pool Memberships or Outdoor Pool Multi-Visit Passes. Scroll down to view all the options.
- Select the pool membership or daily pass you would like to purchase.
- If prompted, select the summer session button.
- Read, sign and accept the digital waiver if purchasing a membership.
- Click yes to accept the policy questions when prompted.
- Add to cart and proceed to check out.
Seasonal Memberships – No refunds.
MVP or Multi-Visit Passes - No refunds.
The best parking option on weekdays until Aug. 25, when students return to campus.
- Woodside Summer Parking Pass: $50 (purchase at the Parking Office)
- Durham Residents: Free Woodside Summer Parking Pass. Bring your Outdoor Pool membership card and proof of residence to the Parking Office.
- Pay & Display: Lot is monitored daily from 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Pay & Display spaces are marked by signage. All other spaces are reserved for people with a Woodside parking permit.
Alumni (D) Lot
- Weekdays 7 a.m.-5 p.m. are reserved for faculty and staff parking.
- Free on weekends and after 5 p.m. on weekdays until Aug. 25.
- Lot hours change to Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.- 6 p.m., beginning Aug. 25, when the students return to campus.
Edgewood Visitors Lot
- Pay & Display seven days per week, 7 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Faculty and staff parking only weekdays 7 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Free on weekends and after 6 p.m. weekdays.
- If you have a valid ADA permit you may park in the Pay & Display lot or spaces, and any ADA space on campus.
Additional information available at UNH Parking Transportation site.