Mendums pond is a beautiful, 200-acre outdoor recreation area just seven miles from Durham. The pond is located on the Little River, a tributary of the Lamprey River and part of the larger Piscataqua River watershed. The area is perfect for boating and picnicking, and lakeside picnic areas are provided. Canoes, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards are available for rent. Swimming is permitted, however, there are no lifeguards on duty.
Mendums Pond is a cash only facility.
11am - 6pm
Opens: Mendums: Tuesday, June 20th
Closed, July 4th
Closes Sunday, August 20th
Check the know before you go for info on changes in hours, events, and more
Group Reservations & Parties
For private rentals, please email: email@example.com
For other questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gate Access Pass: $8/person/visit
- 1 Hour Boat Rental: $15/hr
Day passes are purchased at the gate with cash only.
- Gate Access 10-pack: $60
- 1 Hour Boat Rental 5-Pack: $60
- Kids under 3
- Current UNH Faculty/Staff and students with valid UNH ID
Can I bring my pet?
Please leave the animals at home. Only service dogs are permitted on the premises.
Can I bring alcohol?
Alcohol is not permitted on the premises.
Are there grills?
Grills are not available this summer.
Is there a lifeguard?
There is no lifeguard on duty. Swim at your own risk.
Where do I park?
Limited parking is available by the boathouse. Overflow parking is located in the large gravel lot between the second and third gate.
Are there trash cans?
Mendums is a carry in/carry out facility. Visitors are asked to take trash along with them.
Are there watercrafts available to rent?
Kayaks, canoes and stand-up paddleboards are available for rent to be used at Mendums. All boat users must wear a PFD at all times.
What time do boat rentals end?
The last boat rental of the day is 4:30pm. All boats must be off the water 30 minutes before closing.
When are the gates closed and locked?
Gates will be closed and locked at 6 p.m. All cars must be out of the lot by then.
Are pavilions available?
Pavilions are available for any guest to use. However, pavilions may at times be for use by private groups or visiting summer camps. Ask about upcoming reservations.
|Canoes||$15 per hour|
|Kayaks||$15 per hour|
|Standup paddleboards||$15 per hour|
|5 Hour Watercraft Rental (save $15)||$60|
- All visitors must check in with an on-duty attendant at the front gate.
- Smoking, tobacco, nicotine use strictly prohibited, including e-cigarettes or vapor pens.
- Alcohol and pets are prohibited.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Fires not permitted.
- NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY - swim at your own risk.
- All canoe, kayak, and standup paddleboard users are required to wear life jacket.
- We are a carry-in, carry-out facility.
- Directions and additional information about use of the area are available at the Welcome Center in the Hamel Recreation Center.