Open Ice Times
Open Skates are done for the year.
Open Skate Policies
Please bring your valid UNH ID. ID's will be swiped upon entering the ice area. Times are subject to
change due to events in the arena.
Please note: Open Skate and Stick & Puck is offered only to UNH Students, Faculty, Staff and Rec pass holders. No daily passes are sold for these. There are special event skates during the holidays that are open to the public.
Skates can be rented at the Whittemore Center Arena Public Skate lobby for $3 per pair. These may only be used for Open Skate or Stick & Puck. Patrons are not allowed to bring rental skates outside of the Hamel Rec Center or Whittemore Center.
Stick & Puck: Stick/Puck skaters must wear protective gear: Ice hockey skates, elbow pads, ice hockey shin pads, ice hockey gloves, and approved ice hockey helmet with full face mask and chin cup. Helmets are available for participants to borrow at the Public skate lobby.
- Everyone must skate in the same direction at a safe, controllable speed.
- Be aware of other skaters around you at all times. No racing or excessive weaving in and out.
- No playing tag, cap throwing, or playing crack the whip. No gum chewing, eating or drinking on the ice.
- Chairs, sleds, ice walkers, milk crates, balls or any other objects that could be a tripping hazard are not allowed on the ice.
- Private lessons or practices are not allowed during Open Skate times.
- Beginning skaters should try to skate along the boards for their own safety. This means others should avoid standing along the board area.
- Do not walk off the rubber flooring with skates on. This is dangerous and will ruin skates.
- Be respectful of the Skate Supervisory staff and follow their directions.
- No one except Ice Arena personnel is allowed on the ice while it is being resurfaced.